Implant Supported Dentures
Learn more about Implant Supported Dentures in Tempe, AZ
Ill-fitting dentures have the potential to interrupt your quality of life. Besides daily discomfort, accidental slips, limited chewing or digestive issues, dentures that do not remain in place throughout the day are a hassle. It can negatively affect health and emotional well-being. Alameda Dental Care has changed patients’ lives with implant supported dentures. No more slips while talking or eating! These permanently placed dentures stay in place throughout the day and are more secure than traditional dentures.
How do Implant Supported Dentures Work?
A regular set of dentures will fit over the gums using an adhesive to hold it in place. Some denture wearers have good luck with the adhesive, while many do not. Implant supported dentures offer a more stable denture that will not move on its own. Instead of adhesive to hold it in place, they snap on permanent posts that are integrated directly into the jawbone.
Implant Supported Dentures in Tempe
Dental patients who are interested in implant-supported dentures begin with a consultation with one of Alameda Dental Care’s highly-skilled doctors.
Your dentist will take x-rays of the jawbone to determine if there is enough bone to place and support implants.
- Records are gathered to create the temporary dentures.
- Implants are surgically placed into the jaw bone during the first stage of treatment.
- Time (a few months) is given for the implant to fuse into the bone and the area to heal. An x-ray is used to view the implant. You will be able to wear the temporary set of dentures during this time so you are not without teeth.
- Once the implants are integrated into the jaw, an abutment is fitted into each implant. This post will secure the final dentures to the implants.
- Your Tempe dentist will teach patients how to properly care for your new implants and dentures.
- Daily cleaning regiments are explained.
- A follow-up appointment is set.
- Annual check-ups will help to increase the longevity of your implant-supported dentures. It is also important to report to your dentist for an annual oral cancer screening.
Besides leaving the office with a more permanent dental solution, patients can expect an improved quality of life including:
- A newfound social confidence
- Natural chewing ability
- Better digestion and ability to meet nutritional needs
- Improved speech
- Freedom to smile anytime of the day
When you do not have to worry about your dentures slipping or falling out while you speak or during mealtimes, there is a new-found sense of freedom. Follow your dentist’s home-care instructions for the best results. Address any questions or concerns with your Tempe dentist right away.
Are you ready for a more permanent solution? It’s time to explore all your dental options. Implant supported dentures will feel like you have your original teeth back. Call Alameda Dental Care today to schedule a consultation today! 480-447-1906